Saturday, February 24, 2007

Spring is a-Comin'

You may think by "Spring is a-comin" I mean things like crocuses starting to pop up and the weather getting nicer. Around here, my first sign is Sasha starting to blow her coat. Like many long haired dogs, she has an undercoat which starts to come out in the spring. You'll see a little tuft of hair sticking out and when you pull on it, it's like a magic act; it just keeps coming, like an endless supply of fluffy Kleenex. It's kind of fun in a weird sort of way, though she doesn't agree. Take a look at how much hair I got in one grooming session last year......
.....now that pile's almost as big as she is. The fact that she is extremely jealous works in my favor. When she tires of her grooming session and leaves, all I have to do is pick up a ball of fur and hold it and talk to it like it's a puppy, and she's back in a flash. I know, that's probably a cruel psychological trick, but hey, it works and she's a dog, not a child.

Some friends of mine at church had a request that was really strange. Their dog keeps chasing rabbits and they heard that dog hair keeps the bunnies away. So a month ago or so they asked if I'd save Sasha's hair for them. I told them yes, but it might be awhile, because at the time, she wasn't shedding at all. Weird how this week I kept her outside for 3 days and suddenly she's a canine Kleenex box. I'll have quite a wad to give them. I wonder if they'll die it green to blend in with the grass. Otherwise, their neighbors might wonder how they still have snow around the borders of their yard.

Well it's been a very busy week for me. I had something going every night and today too. Wednesday was church. Thursday I went to the movies and dinner with a friend from work. Friday I drove over to Holton, KS in the afternoon for a professional conference and didn't get back 'til at least 8. Today I planned a girls' day out with some friends. We went to see Bridge to Terabithia, followed by a trip to the plaza for some PF Chang's and Cold Stone Creamery (I started free day tonight, for those of you keeping track of my cheating on the old BFL).

No comments:

RANT: (noun) a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion. RAVE: (noun) An extravagantly enthusiastic opinion or review. RAMBLING: (noun) A walk without a definite route, taken merely for pleasure (I'm sure this applies to writing too). So if I'm completely honest, I'm rarely a ranter, seldom a raver, but often a rambler. Come stroll with me.....