Thursday, February 8, 2007

Auntie T times 3....Make that 4

Well, my sister is expecting! It's a girl! Abbey is soooo excited. Today Tracy went for the ultrasound. We met up for dinner and Abbey was so excited to show me her new sister. I teasingly asked her why her sister was grey. She responded, "I guess that's just how they look on the soundtrack"!

We discussed names at dinner. I won't give anything away, but I will tell you that Abbey is voting for Esther, her favorite Bible character. By the way, Abbey was named after a dog! Yep, Tracy and her husband at the time had a lab named Abbey. They loved the name so much, they used it again for their first-born. So glad I wasn't named after any of my parents' pets. I just don't think people would take me seriously if I had a name like Thumper or KittyBob.
Have you heard about people that tell their friends what their planning to name the baby, and the friend steals the name and uses it? Even worse, I've heard of people using it on their pets. That's why I won't reveal the names I have picked out. Don't want you wasting it on your pet fish or something......Actually I only have one for a boy. It's unique and I wanna keep it that way.

Tracy was hoping for twins ( two in one shot)! We discussed that twins don't run in our family. My sis-in-law pointed out that multiples are more common the older the mother gets. Suddenly my future is coming clear: me at 40 with quadruplets.....And I thought it was too late for 8 kids! Here are my favorite nieces and nephew (so far)!

3 comments:

Niki said...

I think Kittybob is a cute name! ;)

We have friends that have pets with each of our names - except Benny. He gets a double reprieve since his brother's name is Rex.

I also have friends that are sisters that named their boys Michael so they have to call them by their full names when they are together. What a pain.

Glad to hear Abbey's so excited!

Patricia said...

Aw, Abbey is so cute about the grey comment. :) You're a good aunt to tease her.

Chelf said...

I like KittyBob. I would have been named Dittyput, so don't feel bad. My sister-in-law is also expecting her second. They are not going to find out whether I get another niece or a nephew until the day the baby arrives. Just means that they again get a lot of Yellow and Green gifts.

My father in law called Emma "jellybean" while she was en utero... this one is "gumdrop".

RANT: (noun) a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion. RAVE: (noun) An extravagantly enthusiastic opinion or review. RAMBLING: (noun) A walk without a definite route, taken merely for pleasure (I'm sure this applies to writing too). So if I'm completely honest, I'm rarely a ranter, seldom a raver, but often a rambler. Come stroll with me.....