Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring has Sprung!

Just thought I'd share a few of the daffodils in my yard.

My friend Niki is here, so I won't be doing any long posts for the next several days, but I leave you with a couple of endorsements:

1. Bo Ling's Chinese food. It's a KC thing, but if you live here, I highly recommend it. Niki and I ate there last night and it was very good. The crab rangoon tasted like it actually had crab in it (as opposed to just cream cheese and a few spices). Even the fortune cookies (and fortunes) were good there.

2. Kilz paint. That may seem really random, but after all the painting this weekend, I thought I'd share how wonderful this product is. I've used it in the past and have always loved it. You can get it at Walmart in almost any color. It's thicker than most paints and will usually cover in one coat. I did not think it would be possible to cover a burgundy room with an off white color in one coat. Kilz did not let me down. Sure enough it covered, and that was even on a textured wall (no primer needed)! Once when I was doing a faux finishing job for someone, they had a professional painter there from one of the high end places (Sherwin Williams or Benjamin Moore). He saw me doing my base coat, a deep red. He couldn't believe the coverage and asked what I was using. Imagine my pleasure at telling him that my cheap Walmart paint did a much better job than his fancy schmancy high dollar stuff.

No comments:

RANT: (noun) a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion. RAVE: (noun) An extravagantly enthusiastic opinion or review. RAMBLING: (noun) A walk without a definite route, taken merely for pleasure (I'm sure this applies to writing too). So if I'm completely honest, I'm rarely a ranter, seldom a raver, but often a rambler. Come stroll with me.....