Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Hormones: Those Insidious, Pesky Little Swingers!

It's been a busy week so far. Monday I barely functioned at work, as you can imagine from my last post about procrastinating my bed time. To compound the issue, shortly after I went to bed, my hormones decided it would be a great time for a good cry. No reason at all really. There was no fighting it either, so I got up and went ahead with it. (My theory is that must be the body's way of getting rid of the 5 pounds of bloating.) I read a little more and finally got to sleep after 2:00. I was so groggy the next day anyway, but then I had the "after you cried your eyes out" feeling in my eyes which just made it worse. Then I swear I had a few hot flashes that morning. I had to step outside for a moment, while my 50-something co-worker kept snickering and saying I was much too young for that. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night and was just wet with sweat, despite the window being open. What is the deal? When I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism a few years ago, I learned just how much of your physiology hormones control, or at least affect. They're such powerful little suckers they could proclaim a mutiny against the rest of the body and probably win. But I guess I can't complain too much. I guess they could swing the other way and I could start getting chest hair and singing bass. I think I'd much rather be a weepy, bloated puddle of sweat.

1 comment:

Niki said...

I think I'd take weeping over chest hair any day!!! LOL When I need a good cry I watch a Jane Austen movie or Return To Me or...never mind. The list is too long. ;)

It sounds to me like you need some chocolate to set the world straight again. Maybe that's why I'm not losing weight right now. Hmmm...stinkin' hormones!

RANT: (noun) a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion. RAVE: (noun) An extravagantly enthusiastic opinion or review. RAMBLING: (noun) A walk without a definite route, taken merely for pleasure (I'm sure this applies to writing too). So if I'm completely honest, I'm rarely a ranter, seldom a raver, but often a rambler. Come stroll with me.....