Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Sometimes you just know

Well I have to admit the online dating thing can be tedious. I'm so tired of writing the equivalent of small talk in emails. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy getting emails and corresponding, but there are few people I'm having meaningful conversations with. It's weird what you can tell just from a person's writing. To a degree, you can judge intelligence. (Though spelling skills are not supposed to be a good measure of intelligence, I would think most intelligent people would at the very least try to spell the name of the person they're trying to woo correctly). After a few emails, you get a sense for whether the person is optimistic, self centered, cocky, funny, socially backwards, clingy, and/or afraid of commitment. Not saying I'm a grammatical snob, it's just the little innuendos you pick up on that give you a flavor of what that person is like. For example, a person that gives up writing in paragraph form and makes three different lists in one short email, may be a little rigid or analytical for my taste. I have nothing against lists (in fact, I probably will post some in the future). I just don't want a conversation to turn into one....... You're probably reading this and thinking, "boy she's picky". Really I'm not that picky. Sometimes you just know.

4 comments:

Niki said...

Lots of "Mr. Maybe" guys out there, huh? Been to Applebees lately? ;)

I don't think I've told you yet how beautiful you look in your profile picture. Wow! You're hot!

Niki said...

P.S. I'm jealous because you're alot closer to eating pie than I am! haha

Patricia said...

Hey there! I found this through Krystal's blog, and I'm excited you've joined the online world! :) You can find my blog at http://revyrie.livejournal.com--it's mostly me writings about work, musicals, work, Wicked, work, family, more Wicked....you get the picture. :)

Tawnya said...

Thanks Niki for that! Yep, lots of "Mr. Probably Nots, but I don't want to be so picky I eliminate everyone" kinda guys. Going to Applebee's tomorrow. Not sure it will accomplish anything, but I guess we'll see.

Patricia! Yeah! I was wondering if I had any other friends that blogged. I need to send out an email so people don't just have to stumble across it.

RANT: (noun) a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion. RAVE: (noun) An extravagantly enthusiastic opinion or review. RAMBLING: (noun) A walk without a definite route, taken merely for pleasure (I'm sure this applies to writing too). So if I'm completely honest, I'm rarely a ranter, seldom a raver, but often a rambler. Come stroll with me.....