Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Art Club Results

Well in our limited time last night, we got creative. Abbey used her prerogative as an artist (and a girl) to change her mind. She drew a cat and other happy things in an abstract/collage type fashion. She entitled her piece, " One Cat on Love". There's the cat's face and she included other happy things like flowers, sunshine, lollipop, butterfly, rainbows, and a heart. No puppies or other animals in case the cat doesn't like them. Doesn't it just make you happy to look at it.

I guess my picture has a more somber tone comparatively speaking. I pulled out my morgue (a file where artists keep ideas) and found a picture I'd taken of a butterfly with a broken wing. So very originally, I titled this piece "With a Broken Wing". The Martina McBride song ran through my head the entire time I was working. My pic is very small (5"x5"), as I knew Abbey would finish before me. Amazingly, the reverse was true.
So art club was a great idea Abbey. It was great fun doing artsy stuff with you!
Abbey's report about Art Club: "It was fun, even though I changed my mind. I thought it was really fun spending time with Aunt Tawnya."

No comments:

RANT: (noun) a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion. RAVE: (noun) An extravagantly enthusiastic opinion or review. RAMBLING: (noun) A walk without a definite route, taken merely for pleasure (I'm sure this applies to writing too). So if I'm completely honest, I'm rarely a ranter, seldom a raver, but often a rambler. Come stroll with me.....