Friday, October 12, 2007

Quiz of the Day

What have I gotten myself into? Posting yesterday with a title like "Picture of the Day" implies that I am actually 1. going to get on and post every day and 2. post a picture every day. I do like the idea of #2, but not promising it every day. I'm not ashamed to say that my blog is like a picture book on a shelf with great novels. May not be great literature, but hey, it's what I'd go for first. Speaking of which, who decided it was taboo to have illustrations in novels. Why do we think only children would enjoy that? I'm not saying illustrate every page, but a nicely placed picture here and there would keep me turning those pages. Anyway, I digress.....

Since I haven't taken any pics today, I will have to go digging on my computer. Be right back.....

OK. While this is not an aesthetically striking photograph, it does cause a big question mark in the cloud above my head. This is a Canadian road sign. I believe I shot this out a bus window in Vancouver. Anyone have a clue as to what it means? It does look like a camera to me, but I didn't see anything particularly picture-worthy in the vicinity. And even so, do we need road signs to tell us this? Perhaps it's to caution drivers that tourists may be taking pics out the window so watch out for bad drivers or mysterious flashes. Please enlighten me if you're Canadian or good at making things up.

And, no, there will not be a quiz every day as today's title implies!

1 comment:

Chelf said...

"Scenic Overlook"

Hey, you want to explain "scenic" to a kid, or just go take pictures? I find it funny how the world is so ready to give us pictures when we are more literate than past generations have been.

That is an old fashoined crank camera, where you use the blanket over your head to fix the light adjustment. Now, they need a picture of a pencil. :-)

RANT: (noun) a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion. RAVE: (noun) An extravagantly enthusiastic opinion or review. RAMBLING: (noun) A walk without a definite route, taken merely for pleasure (I'm sure this applies to writing too). So if I'm completely honest, I'm rarely a ranter, seldom a raver, but often a rambler. Come stroll with me.....