Sunday, July 22, 2007

Summer Update

Well you may have noticed my recent absence from the blogging world. Guess I've just been busier as of late. One of the things I've enjoyed lately is painting on pottery. I've probably been about 4 times this summer. Here is my latest creation, shown before and after firing. As you can see it's kind of tricky to tell what it's going to turn out like....always a surprise! I was pretty happy with this one. I pondered what to make for the longest time. I usually make gifts, but decided I'd start a series of dessert plates with famous art on them. Here's a representation of one of Monet's paintings:



Here's a cutesy one I made for a friend who has wienie dogs....

What else have I been busy with this summer? Let's see.....went to a ladies' retreat last weekend. I try to hang out with my friend Emily at her pool whenever I can. (I went over there tonight and there was something funky in the hot tub. It tarnished my silver ring and turned my black shorts brown.) Ben and Tracy bought a house in Liberty, so I've been going over to their house to get as much baby time in as I can before they move (they're only a mile away now).

Fourth of July I spent with the family....Here's Philip getting a load of his new cousin....

2 comments:

Niki said...

LOVE the art! What other scenes are you going to paint on plates?

Cute pics too!

Chelf said...

I love the idea of plates with your impressions on art!

Beautiful kiddos to spoil as much as you can. Enjoy!

RANT: (noun) a loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion. RAVE: (noun) An extravagantly enthusiastic opinion or review. RAMBLING: (noun) A walk without a definite route, taken merely for pleasure (I'm sure this applies to writing too). So if I'm completely honest, I'm rarely a ranter, seldom a raver, but often a rambler. Come stroll with me.....